Change of Address
The Theatrical Costume Guide cannot be held responsible for an incorrect address being entered on your order. Address Confirmation is given on the Order Review page in the checkout section of the site. If this is not noticed until after your order is finalised, please contact Customer Service immediately. We will attempt to update any incorrect order details, however due to the fast turnaround of our warehouse, some orders cannot be adjusted. In the case that your order is processed and cannot be updated, please notify us by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (02) 9232 8445 and arrangements will be made for you.
Payment Gateway or Paypal
Invoice via records
All warranties offered are the manufacturers warranties and not that of The Theatrical Costume Guide
When purchasing from The Theatrical Costume Guide, credit card details are transmitted through a secure swerver using eWay. Card data is not hosted by The Theatrical Costume Guide after processing.
Product Returns Policy
Returns must be in as new condition with tags attached unless faulty. Faulty goods will be dealt with as per the manufacturer’s warranty. Due to health regulations, we are unable to exchange or refund on any underwear, ear rings, wigs, beards, mustaches. We recommend sending returns via registered post as we do not accept responsibility for lost items. We will happily exchange or refund your item provided the item and its packaging is in its original condition with the original tags attached. No refunds or exchanges unless there is a manufacturers fault. See below for the time frame your exchange or refund must be made in:
Refunds and Exchanges (full price items) – 5 Days from date of purchase (Given 24 hours’ notice of fault)
Refunds and Exchanges (sale items) – 5 Days from date of purchase (Given 24 hours’ notice of fault)
The Theatrical Costume Guide will not be held accountable for late deliveries or loss or damage relating to late deliveries .In the event that multiple items are ordered, part deliveries may be made where stock is not available. All reasonable attempts to notify you will be made using the details you provide. Please ensure you enter the correct delivery address. The Theatrical Costume Guide cannot be held responsible for incorrectly entered delivery addresses.
Acceptance of the Goods
The buyer is responsible for inspecting the goods for fault and notifying us within24 hours of receiving the goods should there be a fault by emailing email@example.com or calling (02) 9232 8445
We Deliver our products using Australia Post. Shopping costs are at a flat rate of $15 for Over night Express, while our Standard shipping is free. Orders are dispatched within 1-2 business days. Shipping times are estimated between 3 and 7 business days depending on your location for standard delivery. International rates will be charged at Australia Post International fees.
The Theatrical Costume Guide ship goods Australia Wide and internationally.
If notified before goods have been dispatched, The Theatrical Costume Guide can accommodate order cancellations. If items have been shipped, The Theatrical Costume Guide reserves the right to refuse order cancellation or charge a cancellation fee should we be able to request the return of the package from our delivery service.
Hire of any costume from The Theatrical Costume Guide is entered into by the Hirer on an understanding of the following conditions:
1. Pick up and return dates are as written and agreed on the Documentation between The Theatrical Costume Guide and the Hirer.
2. The standard hire period is 3 days i.e. Mon – Wed, Tue – Thu, Wed –Fri, except if you are picking up for weekend use, in which case pick up may be made from Thursday onwards, with return due by close of business the following Monday.
3. Clause 2 above excludes Easter, Christmas and the peak Nov-Dec season each year, which have their own terms as follows:
a. Easter – all Easter Bunny costumes are strictly overnight hire only for the two weeks leading up to and including the Easter weekend. Additional days may be booked at the full hire rate.
b. Christmas – all Christmas themed costumes are strictly overnight hire only for Oct – Dec. Additional days may be booked at the full hire rate.
4. Reservation by phone can be made with a $50 non-refundable deposit.
5. A bond applies to every hire, equal to the amount as written on the Tax Invoice & may be taken in one of two ways:
a. Cash bond – cash held on file & returned in full provided full, on time & undamaged return of items.
b. Credit card bond – credit card details held on file, with no money withdrawn provided full, on time & undamaged return of items.
6. Once a costume has left the store, no refund is available.
7. The Theatrical Costume Guide’s Costumes are to be paid in full, in advance of taking possession of the goods.
8. The hiring period shall commence from the day the goods are collected by the hirer or forwarded to the hirer from The Theatrical Costume Guides premises. Hire goods not received by close of business on the due return date will be subject to late fees as follows:
a. $40 for each day beyond the due return date, up to & including 3 days past eg. if costume is due back on Monday & is returned Thursday, an additional $120 (3 x $40 will be charged.
b. The full hire fee will be charged again for costumes still not returned as at the fourth day past initial due date.
c. Failure to return the costume at the conclusion of the second full rental period will result in an immediate charge of the full value of the bond and to the amount of which the item is valued at.
d. The Theatrical Costume Guide reserves the right to charge a figure higher than the bond if item repair or replacement exceeds bond value.
9. The Hirer agrees not to cut, alter or otherwise tamper with the hired costume in any way. Goods not returned in the same condition as they were supplied will be subject to further charges.
10. Should any items be returned damaged, cut, altered or tampered with, The Theatrical Costume Guide reserves the right to retain the bond for such time as is required to ascertain the cost of repair or replacement & to subsequently recoup said costs from the bond amount.
11. The hirer agrees to act responsibly & take reasonable care whilst in costume, particularly with any faux weapons as hired or purchased. The Theatrical Costume Guide shall not be liable for any detriment or loss suffered by the hirer or otherwise, pursuant to any failure on behalf of the wearer to take reasonable care.
12. These terms are subject to change without notice. The hirers’ signature on the hire docket signifies acceptance of these terms.
The Theatrical Costume Guide can cancel orders before goods have been delivered or sent through Australia Post. If shipping has commenced The Theatrical Costume Guide has the right to stop any orders that are cancelled or will charge a cancellation fee if the goods are charged from Australia post to be delivered back to our warehouse.